Eagle Valley Behavioral Health & Administered by My Future Pathways
Student Loan Repayment Program
Licensed behavioral health providers working in the Eagle River Valley can receive funding to repay qualifying educational loans. Participants must see underserved patients at an approved clinical site or through an approved program for the entire service obligation.
IMPORTANT - APPROVED SITE LIST
Before you begin the EVBH Loan Repayment Application, you must be employed at an EVBH approved site at the time of application. If your employer is not on the EVBH approved site list, please have them submit a letter of approval for you to apply for this funding opportunity by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will review your eligibility.
CURRENT EVBH APPROVED SITES: Colorado Mountain Medical, Vail Health, Eagle Valley Hope Center, Mind Springs Health (Eagle River Valley), Mountain Family Health Centers, Eagle County Human Services, Eagle County School District.
Private Providers and other for-profit organizations: Provider must panel with EVBH’s Mountain Strong and Olivia’s Fund and meet service requirements to be eligible.
Eligible Behavioral Health Professionals
- Licensed clinical or counseling psychologists (Ph.D., Psy.D.).
- Licensed clinical social workers (master’s or doctoral degree in social work).
- Licensed professional counselors (master’s or doctoral degree with a major study in counseling).
- Licensed marriage and family therapists (master’s or doctoral degree with a major study in marriage and family therapy).
- Psychiatric nurse specialists
- Individuals with candidate licensure status (i.e. LSW, LPCC, Psy.D.C, etc.)
The following must be submitted with your application. Ensure you have these documents readily avaiable to include with your appliaction.
- W9 Form - Download a PDF copy here. Only need the first page complted and returned please.
- Employment verification - letter of HR or supervisor confirming number of hours worked weekly, in approved site letterhead. Supervisor or HR staff must agree to be contacted by EVBH/MFP in the letter.
- Full-time obligation: $500 per month, up to $30,000, or until loan is fully paid, whichever comes first, while the provider remains employed at an approved site.
- Part-time obligation: $250 per month, up to $15,000, or until loan is fully paid, whichever comes first, while the provider remains employed at an approved site.
Please note: This program is not designed to cover your monthly payments. Recipients of the EVBH Loan Repayment Program should continue to make their monthly payments as required by your lender. My Future Pathways and Eagle Valley Behavioral Health will not be held liable for and are not responsible for any late payment fees or fines of any kind due to payments made after the payment due date.
*** Those who are able to provide clinical services in languages other than English will receive an additional $100 monthly.***
Capped: FT: 36000 PT: 18,000
- Be a participating provider with Mountain Strong AND Olivia’s Fund, or an employee at an approved site.
- Work part time or full time at the approved site (within the Eagle River Valley)
- Meet the hourly requirements for direct clinical contact during the entire service obligation.
- Full-time service obligation: All participants must be considered full-time at an EVBH approved site. Full-time private practice providers, or providers who work full-time at a for profit organization or any other organization that is not approved, must commit a minimum of 12 hours per month to Mountain Strong and Olivia’s Fund patients to qualify.
- Part-time service obligation: All participants must be considered part-time at an EVBH approved site. Part-time private practice providers, or providers who work part-time at a for profit organization or any other organization that is not approved, must commit a minimum of 6 hours per month to Mountain Strong and Olivia’s Fund patients to qualify.
- Commit to work for a term of five years at an approved site. The five year service commitment starts counting at the start of the program if fully licensed OR, if currently a licensure candidate, the time will start counting once the recipient obtains their full license. Failure to meet this requirement will result in an obligation to pay back the benefit, up to its full amount. Please note, providers are only eligible for the EVBH Loan Repayment Program while employed at an approved site.
- Notify EVBH/MFP if you terminate employment at an approved site within 15 days of separation. To continue to be eligible, your new place of employment must also be an approved site.
Should a recipient of this program leave the Eagle River Valley prior to completing the five years of service obligation from the moment they entered the agreement with EVBH, said participant will be required to pay the full amount of the benefit they have received back to EVBH within five years.
Service Obligation Disclaimer: Some loan repayment programs, such as the Rural Essential Access Provider program, do not allow participants to have other service obligations while under contract with them. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that applying to EVBH’s Loan Repayment Program will not jeopardize their eligibility for other financial assistance or result in any negative action against them. Eagle Valley Behavioral Health aims to support local licensed therapists, and thus, will not disqualify applicants based on receiving other loan repayment assistance programs.
Please note: Employment status will be reviewed through the approved site on a quarterly basis. If the recipient fails to notify EVBH of termination within the specified timeframe, they may be required to pay the benefit back, up to its full amount.
Additional Eligibility Details
Qualifying loans, licensure, employment status, competing service obligations.
Eligible Loans for Repayment
- Federal and/or private/commercial loans that were taken out for education and expenses directly and solely related to the discipline in which you're currently practicing.
- You must be licensed, or have candidate licensure status, at the time of application.
- You are ineligible to apply if you have a conditional license as a result of a disciplinary action by your professional licensing board.
- You must have a negotiated and executed your employment contract and have started your first day of employment by the date of the application submission.